Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Basketball glee

We won a game last night. We were playing at home against a team called Ravens. The final score was close - closer than it should have been. We were ahead and in control, but Ravens narrowed the gap in the last quarter. It got quite scrappy at the end. A few of our players were missing, and so I played for most of the game. I got a couple of baskets and defended well in the first half. I was absolutely exhausted at the finish... It's a good feeling to be winning again though.

We have now won 6 and lost 6. Apart from the top two teams, every team has lost at least 6 games. This gives us an excellent chance of getting into the play offs - the top four teams in the league qualify - for the first time in my four-year basketball career. We've another game on Friday, against a team with only two wins - Trinity. I was in Russia when we beat them before Christmas, so I haven't played against them yet. That's the latest...

The Division 4 league table (I play for St. Declan's)

Previous basketball update

1 comment:

Paul said...

We fucking lost to Trinity last night, who are bottom of the table and have lost nearly twice as many games as anyone else.