Friday, June 15, 2007

College night out

I'm just about to head out on the town with my college colleagues. We're going out for a meal, and I've totally forgotten where the meal is. It's all right though, we're going to the pub first so I'll just follow the crowd.

Haven't seen any of them for a while now, as we've broken up for the summer, and are all supposedly working away on our respective theses (dreaded deadline: September). I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, though meeting up makes me feel like I should have done a lot more work on my thesis over the last while. Oh well... Maybe when I hear how much work everyone else has done I'll be motivated to slave night and day in order to catch up.

This is officially the most useless post ever on this intermittent blog of mine.

2 comments:

Kealo said...

I was disappointed that I missed the night out. I hope it was good. Instead, I got near constantly rained on in England. Is everyone is the same boat i.e. has done bugger all?

Must sort out pints soon.

Paul said...

Yeah, I think that certainly a lot of people have done very little work. Not going to name and shame anyone, but there was a general feeling that there was loads of struggle ahead between now and September.

A number of people said they were relieved to find out that they weren't the only ones who hadn't done much over the summer, but that was no comfort to me, I'm afraid. Despite what I wrote in this blog post, I actually found I'm not too worried about where anyone else is at. Whether everyone else is now editing their final draft, or whether they have yet to begin reading about a topic, it doesn't affect how much work I've got to do. Either way I'm going to have to get stuck in...